Here at Losberger Modular Systems GmbH we’ve been manufacturing and supplying high quality pre-fabricated permanent and temporary structures for over 50 years, and as one of Europe’s leading manufacturers we’ve got the experience and expertise to deliver exactly what you need. Modular buildings are much more sustainable and cost-effective than traditional building methods; and they’re easy to assemble and dismantle, making them a flexible choice for many companies.
Why choose off-site modular construction?
Modular buildings were previously regarded as the ‘ugly duckling’ of the construction world, but they are becoming an increasingly popular choice due to the many benefits they offer. Over 98% of architects, contractors, and engineers now use prefabricated modular construction methods in their work, and they’re reaping the benefits, which include the following:
- Reduced labour costs: Modular buildings are mostly fitted off-site, which means the majority of skilled work by electricians and plumbers takes place at the factory rather than on site. This speeds up processes and reduces cost.
- Lead times: Conventional buildings require foundations to be built first, but a cabin building can have the foundations and the rest of the building completed all at the same time. Along with the pre-fabrication done in the factory, modular construction is on average 30% quicker to install.
- Better return on investment: The faster lead times associated with prefab structures mean you’re up and running quicker, therefore your business is making a profit sooner. The overall logistics and construction costs are lower too, which reduces your initial outlay.
- Increased cost savings: The shorter build time helps to cut overall construction costs by around 20-30%. The costs associated with labour are also lower because modular construction uses more factory workers and fewer skilled tradesmen.
- More environmentally friendly: Off-site construction is more energy efficient; and prefabricated buildings have improved thermal values, materials, and layouts which means they cost less to run and are future-friendly. Most of the materials used are produced off-site, so fewer vehicles are involved, reducing air and noise pollution. Off-site construction also reduces waste, and prefab building materials are easier to recycle.
- Easy to build: Our modules are six sided boxes that are constructed in our facility before being delivered to the site. The modules are set into place on suitable ground using a crane, and can be placed side-by-side, end-to-end, or stacked, which allows a broad range of configurations and styles in the layout.
We have expertise in following sectors:
- commercial & retail
- offices & industry
- emergency housing
- Leisure & sport
- student accommodation
It’s more important than ever for retailers and commercial businesses to be able to keep up with changes and fluctuations in their business, in order to meet the demands of their customers. If you need to increase your retail premises or expand your sales and marketing facilities, the last thing your business needs is to be turned into a building site for a couple of months.
A prefabricated portable building from Losberger offers an efficient and cost-effective temporary or permanent solution to your needs. We fit them with energy-saving features such as insulation, low energy bulbs, and external rain screen cladding to make them as eco-friendly as possible.
Case study – Canaletto building modular marketing suite
- The Canaletto building in London is a 31 storey luxury development offering apartments ranging from £890,000 to £4.1m in value.
- The original sales and marketing suite was located on the ground floor, but this was then turned into an exclusive restaurant so the sales team had to relocate, and Losberger were asked to build a modular marketing suite that seamlessly linked with a show-home apartment in the neighbouring building.
- Within five days, Losberger had built and installed the marketing suite, causing minimal disruption to the existing tenants, sales staff, and general public.
- The suite featured plastered walls and ceiling, wooden flooring, factory-fitted heating, air-con, low energy lighting, electrics, and data cabling. Externally we installed an aluminium powder coated rain screen cladding in silver to complement the dark grey aluminium framed glazing, giving the building a clean, contemporary look.
As your business grows and adapts you may need to extend your existing office space, or create an entirely new modular office to accommodate your growing workforce. Here at Losberger we offer both temporary and permanent office space solutions, which can be manufactured and assembled quickly and easily, with minimal disruption to your business operations. Compared to traditional building methods, prefabricated offices are faster and more cost-effective, offering you a better return on your investment. If you need to move your business premises in the future, our re-locatable buildings can be easily disassembled, transported, and rebuilt at your new site.
Case study – Heathrow Airport modular construction office complex
- The two-storey office facility was fully designed and manufactured by Losberger, and included ladies, gents, and disabled toilets, shower facilities, and offices.
- The structure consists of 12 portable buildings 6m by 2.4m, joined together and double stacked, with an internal staircase.
- From concept to installation, the project was completed within one month, which was ahead of the agreed schedule.
Natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis, and man-made disasters like war, can have a devastating effect on a community. When thousands of people need to be temporarily re-housed, the traditional solution has been tents. However, prefabricated modular buildings are a much more comfortable and durable solution. Here at Losberger we have abundant experience providing emergency modular housing for communities throughout the world.
Case study – emergency housing in Germany
- Losberger have been involved in providing emergency modular housing for refugees and migrants during the recent crisis in Europe, with particular focus on providing housing in Germany.
- Our prefabricated buildings are fully fitted prior to delivery, and these modular homes can be up and running in a matter of days, meaning thousands of refugees can be housed in a short space of time.
- Modular housing of this nature reduces stress on the local infrastructure, and protects vulnerable people by providing clean, secure, and comfortable living spaces for a fraction of the cost of traditional social housing.
Building specialist leisure facilities using traditional methods can be expensive, time-consuming, and disruptive to the running of existing services. Off-site prefabricated portable buildings provide the ideal solution. The building modules are manufactured in our factory, and can be quickly and efficiently installed on-site with minimal disruption to your business. Whether you’re in need of the latest high end fitness facilities, grandstands to accommodate spectators, or extra on-site toilet and shower facilities, we can provide both permanent and temporary solutions to suit your requirements.
Case study – Goodwood Golf Academy
- Goodwood Golf Academy is a dedicated practice and teaching facility adjacent to the Goodwood Hotel and golf course.
- The long-term plan is to completely redevelop the facility with brand new purpose-made buildings, but Losberger were asked to provide a short-term fix to bridge the gap and ease pressure on the existing building facilities.
- We created an impressive lounge and reception area, totalling 30sqm of space, which featured full-height glazing overlooking the short course. The building was also fitted with heating, air conditioning, low energy lighting, electrics, and data cabling.
- The customer benefited from speed, quality, and value for money. Their full redevelopment plans were set to take 10 months, so they rented the modular space from us, which was the most cost-effective solution for them.
Losberger Modular Systems GmbH have a great deal of experience working with the education sector, to provide both individual modular classrooms, and entire schools on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. Our offsite construction process means we’re able to manufacture the modules you need in our factory, before quickly and efficiently installed them at your site, causing minimal disruption to your existing facilities.
Traditional building methods are costly and time-consuming, so they’re not always ideal for a project which is time-sensitive. Student accommodation typically needs to be completed within a strict deadline in order to be ready for the start of the new term. The most efficient and cost-effective way to achieve your accommodation needs is with modular buildings; they’re flexible and quick to install, providing a great return on your investment.
Click here for information about prefabricated semi-permanent structures.