Losberger Modular Systems GmbH have been manufacturing and supplying high quality pre-fabricated temporary and permanent structures for over 50 years, so we’ve got the experience and expertise to deliver exactly what you need. Pre fab buildings are much more cost efficient and sustainable than traditional building methods; and the ease with which they can be assembled and dismantled makes them a flexible choice for many companies.
Why choose off-site modular construction?
Modular buildings are becoming an increasingly popular method of construction across a number of varied industries including events, trade, retail, accommodation, commercial, aviation, education, and industrial. Pre-fabricated structures may have been previously considered the ‘ugly duckling’ of the construction world, but over 98% of contractors, architects, and engineers now use pre fab modular construction methods in their work, and there are a number of reasons why:
- Reduction in skilled labour costs: Prefabricated buildings are almost completely fitted off-site, meaning the majority of skilled trade work takes place at the factory and no longer on site, thus speeding up processes and reducing cost. Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aspects are built within modular buildings at the factory, and after a couple of connections on-site your portable building is ready to go.
- Lead times: Unlike conventional buildings, both the foundations and the cabin building can be completed at the same time; and along with the pre-fabrication done in the factory, modular construction is on average 30% quicker to install.
- Return on investment: Faster lead times mean that you’re up and running quicker, and your business is making money sooner. The construction and logistics costs involved in modular buildings are also considerably lower, thus reducing your initial outlay.
- Increased cost savings: A shorter build time can cut overall construction costs by up to 20-30%. The labour costs are also less because prefab construction uses more factory workers and fewer skilled tradesmen like plumbers and electricians.
- Better for the environment: Off-site modular construction is a more energy efficient method of construction. Prefabricated buildings have improved thermal values, materials, and layouts meaning that they cost less to run and are future-friendly. Most materials are produced in the factory meaning fewer vehicles on-site, thus reducing air and noise pollution. Off-site modular manufacturing also reduces waste, plus prefab construction materials are easier to recycle.
- Easy to build: Our room modules are six sided boxes constructed in our manufacturing facility, then delivered to site. Using a crane, the modules are set onto a suitable ground and joined together to make a single building. The modules can be placed side-by-side, end-to-end, or stacked, allowing a wide variety of configurations and styles in the building layout.
We have expertise in following sectors:
- Commercial & retail
- offices & industry
- emergency housing
- leisure & sport
- student accommodation
The retail industry is constantly changing and fluctuating, so it’s important for businesses to be able to keep up with these changes and meet customer demand. Time is money for a commercial business, so if you need to increase your workable space then the last thing you want is for your business to be turned into a building site for several months.
Our prefabricated temporary buildings offer a quick, efficient, and cost-effective way to increase your space for a temporary or permanent period. They’re also much more eco-friendly than traditional site-built structures thanks to the energy saving features we include as standard, including internally plastered walls and ceilings, and external rain screen cladding.
Case study – Canaletto building modular marketing suite
- The Canaletto building in London is a 31 storey luxury development offering apartments ranging from £890,000 to £4.1m in value.
- The original sales and marketing suite was located on the ground floor, but this was then turned into an exclusive restaurant so the sales team had to relocate, and Losberger were asked to build a modular marketing suite that seamlessly linked with a show-home apartment in the neighbouring building.
- Within five days, Losberger had built and installed the marketing suite, causing minimal disruption to the existing tenants, sales staff, and general public.
- The suite featured plastered walls and ceiling, wooden flooring, factory-fitted heating, air-con, low energy lighting, electrics, and data cabling. Externally we installed an aluminium powder coated rain screen cladding in silver to complement the dark grey aluminium framed glazing, giving the building a clean, contemporary look.
Whether you need to create entirely new office accommodation, or simply extend your existing office facilities, a modular building structure is the ideal choice. Our flexible, temporary or permanent office space solutions can be assembled quickly, with minimal disruption to your business operation. They are faster and more cost-effective to build than traditional construction, which gives you a better return on your investment. If your business needs to relocate in the future, our prefab portable buildings can be easily disassembled, transported, and rebuilt at your new site, without any loss to the value of the building.
Case study – Heathrow Airport modular construction office complex
- The two-storey office facility was fully designed and manufactured by Losberger, and included ladies, gents, and disabled toilets, shower facilities, and offices.
- The structure consists of 12 modular buildings 6m by 2.4m, joined together and double stacked, with an internal staircase.
- From concept to installation, the project was completed within one month, which was ahead of the agreed schedule.
Natural disasters, such as earthquakes and tsunamis, tend to happen without much warning. Even if you know they’re going to happen, you often can’t predict how they will affect homes and workplaces in the area until it’s too late. Tents were traditionally used as a way of housing people affected by natural disasters and military conflict, but there are in fact better ways to help communities overcome these adverse situations. Here at Losberger we have a great deal of experience in providing emergency modular housing for communities throughout the world.
Case study – emergency housing in Germany
- Losberger have been involved in providing emergency modular housing for refugees and migrants during the recent crisis in Europe, with particular focus on providing housing in Germany.
- Our prefabricated buildings are fully fitted prior to delivery, and these modular homes can be up and running in a matter of days, meaning thousands of refugees can be housed in a short space of time.
- Modular housing of this nature reduces stress on the local infrastructure, and protects vulnerable people by providing clean, secure, and comfortable living spaces for a fraction of the cost of traditional social housing.
Specialised leisure facilities can be expensive to build, and construction can be very disruptive to the running of existing services. Off-site pre-fabricated buildings are the ideal solution; quick and easy to install, with the ability to incorporate the latest high end fitness facilities. With less disruption to your existing facility, your new modular buildings can be up and running in no time, offering a quick return on investment. Whether you require grandstands for an outdoor sporting event, or extra toilet facilities on-site, we can provide both temporary and permanent solutions to suit your needs.
Case study – Goodwood Golf Academy
- Goodwood Golf Academy is a dedicated practice and teaching facility adjacent to the Goodwood Hotel and golf course.
- The long-term plan is to completely redevelop the facility with brand new purpose-made buildings, but Losberger were asked to provide a short-term fix to bridge the gap and ease pressure on the existing building facilities.
- We created an impressive lounge and reception area, totalling 30sqm of space, which featured full-height glazing overlooking the short course. The building was also fitted with heating, air conditioning, low energy lighting, electrics, and data cabling.
- The customer benefited from speed, quality, and value for money. Their full redevelopment plans were set to take 10 months, so they rented the modular space from us, which was the most cost0effective solution for them.
Whether you require an additional classroom on a temporary or semi-permanent basis, or a whole school building on a permanent basis, Losberger Modular Systems GmbH have the skills and expertise to meet your needs. Our off-site construction method allows us to manufacture modular classrooms and whole school buildings efficiently, and installation causes minimal disruption to your existing facilities.
Modular construction is ideally suited to student accommodation as it provides a cost-effective and time efficient solution, enabling the development to open in time for the start of term of a new term. Offsite construction reduces on-site snagging that usually limits delays to a very sensitive deadline, appealing to contractors and developers alike.